2016 Casual Friday "Crossings Cup"
2016 CASUAL FRIDAY INFORMATION
Bandon Crossings would like to welcome everyone to our 9th full year of Casual Friday’s.
We have set up another full Casual Friday’s event schedule. Even though the schedule is full, we are always open to new formats. Players can set up their tee times for any time on Friday, but must play with another participant. The majority of participants go out between 8:30 & 10:30 AM, if you want to be paired up with others.
The Casual Friday Entry fee each week is $10 total - $5.00 towards prizes for the game (Shop Credit) plus $5.00 towards KP’s (cash payout). Anyone with a valid USGA handicap is welcome to compete in our weekly competition, however to be eligable for the Crossings Cup points race a one-time fee of $40 is required that fee carries over from year to year.
Back for 2016 is our Crossings Cup Invitational Season Kick-off, This event is open to all 2015 Crossings Cup point race participants and anyone who wishes to be a part of the 2016 point competition. There is no entry fee for this event and Crossings will sponsor $150 prize fund for the days competition. BBQ following the 9:00AM shotgun start. Please sign-up in advance for this 2nd annual event.
Feature 2016 Events Calendar
July 1, 2016
9:00 Shotgun start
BBQ and horserace following golf.
Bandon Crossings Club Championship
36-hole individual stroke play event
Round #1 Friday August 12th
Round #2 Friday August 19th
Bonus Casual Friday points for net and gross division winners.
Crossings Cup Information
I am sure most of you know how the PGA Tour & its Fed Ex Cup works. Throughout the year, players obtain points for each tournament they play in. The better they finish, the more points they collect.
At the end of the year, the player with the most points wins the Fed Ex Cup.
We have our own Fed Ex Cup called “The Crossings Cup.” Here is how it works.
There is a $40 entry fee to compete for Crossings Cup points. Without the entry fee, you can play for prizes, but won’t be in the running for the Crossings Cup.
Each event that you play in, you automatically will collect one (1) point.
The higher you finish, the more points you obtain.
1st Gross =8 pts, 1st Net = 10 pts, 2nd Net = 8 pts, 3rd Net = 6 pts, 4th Net = 4 pts, 5th Net = 2 pts, all others = 1 pt.
On weeks when the PGA has its Majors & the two pre-playoff weeks, we will award double points!
Points accumulate throughout the year. The “Pre-Playoff” Rounds will be played on Aug. 26th with the top 24 on the points list playing for double points & Sept. 2nd with the top 16 on the points list playing for double points.
Both weeks will be played as Gross/Net format.
Others may play in the game for money & KP prizes, but are not eligible for Cup Points.
After the “Pre-Playoff” Rounds, the top Eight (8) on the final leaderboard will enter the Crossings Cup Playoffs.
*End of the year ties will be broken by an 18 hole individual net match-play playoff.*
The Crossings Cup Playoffs will be played out by bracket in a match-play format on Sept. 11th, 18th & 25th.
The last person standing will be crowned the 2016 Bandon Crossings Cup Champion.
1st Place – $1000 in shop credit to be used towards an individual 2017 Annual Pass!
2nd Place - $250 Merchandise Credit + 2017 Handicap Fee!
3rd Place - $125 Merchandise Credit!
4th Place - $75 Merchandise Credit!
** All ties for Cup points will be settled by a scorecard playoff. We will start at the #1 Handicap hole & go forwards using NET scores only. This format will be used regardless of the type of competition.
Rules & Regulations
- You need to have a USGA Handicap to participate in the year-long cup race.
- If you do not have a handicap, you may purchase one for $45 in the Golf Shop.
- We will use your Casual Friday HDCP from 2014. Those who didn’t have a 2014 Casual Friday HDCP, will use their USGA HDCP until they have 5 scores. Then, we will use your weekly Casual Friday scores to set up your Casual Friday Handicap. All scores will count towards the Casual Friday Handicap, even if thegame can’t post to the USGA Handicap (i.e. “One-Man Scramble”, “Red, White & Blue”, etc.).
- Golfers may participate on a weekly basis without a handicap, but will only be eligible as a Gross score.
- Handicap committee has final say on handicap distribution.
- USGA Rules of golf govern all play.
- Casual Friday is always played as SUMMER RULES!
- There is NO CEILING on strokes per hole!
- COUNT ALL STROKES & ALWAYS PUTT OUT!!!!!!
- Men play from our Blue-White combo tees.... Ladies play red tees.
- Advanced sign-up is much appreciated. The earlier we know who is playing, the quicker we get you on the course! Even an hour notice is better than no notice.